Monday, September 16, 2013


Days go by quickly. I'm still doing stuff, that i think needs to be done, but lately not so sure about  the order of significance (Toothbrush- holder versus earrings?) Or significance in general.
But I'm so thankful for starting prenatal-yoga again now in September:  that hour and a half give so much (if able to receive :)). I like the part of the personal nature, sitting in a circle and the talks after the meditation that we have before doing the asana. 

Anyway. I've had this book of a friend now quite a while. A year. And i kept it, because i wanted to write down some Quotes. Here and now seems like a perfect opportunity, to get it done. One thing less on my list. Juhuu!

"Of all nature's gifts to the human race,
what is sweeter to a man than his children?" - Cicero

"My father didn't tell me how to live;
he lived, and let me watch him do it." - Clarence B. Kelland

"We make a living by what we get,
but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone 
could give another person, he believed in me." - Jim Valvano

"The most important thing that a father
can do for his children is to love their mother." - Hesburgh

"The greatest use of a life is to 
spend it on something that will outlast it." - William James

"Fathers, like mothers, are not born.
Men grow into fathers - and fathering is 
a very important stage in their development." - David M. Gottesman

These are from "Fathers-To-Be Handbook. A Road Map for the Transition to Fatherhood." by Patrick M. Houser. We kind of read it, i looked at some chapters and Martin did, and then we had some discussions about parenting, mostly about our own parents, fathers and father-figures. So we didn't really work through it, but i believe it's still a book worth looking into.

No comments:

Post a Comment