Friday, January 25, 2013




Sometimes i think my mom should've been a director of some sort, movie or theater, i think she has a good eye. I really like this picture she took from her livingroom window.

Todays post will be about a book. 
I finally got to read some books on my list! Last week i finished David Lodge "Thinks...". Martin and my mom had already gone it through and recommended it like the article from Sirp. During the holidays i picked up another book at moms readingtable: Lodge's "Small world" and the first chapters were hilarious! So i had a bit false hopes when i started "Thinks..". But. It's definetly a book i don't regret reading, it started some great discussions and thoughts. It was a pleasure to read and to get all those references to sience and literature. Sometimes i feel i should be more confident... just because im no quotingmachine, doesn't mean that i don't know something. Oo.. this weekend i got Goethe quoted to me as i said i studied german literature... and not the mainstream quotation or anything.. as a matter of fact: it was so long and all, that it couldve been anything, really. I don't know Faust by heart. Honestly :)

There is only this one thing about "Thinks.." that bothered me and kind of ruined my impression.... I woun't say anything further to keep you from spoilers. Maybe as time passes and i get over that, i'll see the whole thing in better light again. But Lodge is an interesting writer and "Small world" is on my list!
So, as i don't want to give any stars and such, i'll just say... read, liked, recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment