Friday, November 9, 2012



The things they* don't recommend you to eat while pregnant:

- aloe
   I bought a big bottle of aloe-juice in my first trimester, but after one sip it was a "no" from all my senses.
-saffron
  again, ... had a saffron-soup at a restaurant and couldn't eat it.
- parsley
   both parsley and saffron are mentioned as ingredients, that could harm the pregnancy itself. scary.
   but already the smell makes one stay away from it.
- soft drinks
   everything bubbly can cause this acidy feeling in the stomac.
- alcohol
   even red wine. I enjoyed alcohol-free beer or root-beer, since it's actually healthy and nutritious.

In the last trimester it's also advised to stop eating sweets and wheat, since the nutritive value is not so great as the baby could just gain weight and get too big. I didn't stop really... but i tried hard to kind of stay balanced. Less pasta, more rice.

Well, that's all i can remember now. I'll edit it, when something pops up again in my mind.

*a bunch of books and my pregnancy-joga-instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment